TEH ULTIMATE AKATSUKI RPG!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TEH ULTIMATE AKATSUKI RPG!

making the world a better place, one jinchuuriki at a time ^^

GalleryHomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» last post :o?
REAL Live Action Bleach Movie [with a random fake trailer!] Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2022 5:47 pm by dbzmibbit7

» CHARACTER SHEET!
REAL Live Action Bleach Movie [with a random fake trailer!] Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 5:02 pm by Little_Tora

» AM I THE ONLY ONE
REAL Live Action Bleach Movie [with a random fake trailer!] Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 4:51 pm by Little_Tora

» HEWOO anyone out there
REAL Live Action Bleach Movie [with a random fake trailer!] Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 4:50 pm by Little_Tora

» MEOW MEOW MEOW Hello
REAL Live Action Bleach Movie [with a random fake trailer!] Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 4:50 pm by Little_Tora

» ID LIKE TO HEAR FROM A MEMBER
REAL Live Action Bleach Movie [with a random fake trailer!] Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 4:48 pm by Little_Tora

» awesome akatsuki pic i found-ed :P
REAL Live Action Bleach Movie [with a random fake trailer!] Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 4:44 pm by Little_Tora

» MORE RULES. POST OKAY ONCE YOUVE READ THEM.
REAL Live Action Bleach Movie [with a random fake trailer!] Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 4:42 pm by Little_Tora

» Risuke runs into Itachi :3
REAL Live Action Bleach Movie [with a random fake trailer!] Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 3:18 pm by Demonglass10112

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Poll
Top posters
Jack Atlas
REAL Live Action Bleach Movie [with a random fake trailer!] Vote_lcapREAL Live Action Bleach Movie [with a random fake trailer!] Voting_barREAL Live Action Bleach Movie [with a random fake trailer!] Vote_rcap 
Shizuo Heiwajima
REAL Live Action Bleach Movie [with a random fake trailer!] Vote_lcapREAL Live Action Bleach Movie [with a random fake trailer!] Voting_barREAL Live Action Bleach Movie [with a random fake trailer!] Vote_rcap 
Neku Sakuraba
Julian_Hattori
Izaya Orihara
Black Mage Darkwizardton
Melancholic
oogie boogie man
HiddenShadow33
DancingFlames
Gallery
REAL Live Action Bleach Movie [with a random fake trailer!] Empty
Statistics
We have 80 registered users
The newest registered user is frejar

Our users have posted a total of 3229 messages in 157 subjects
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 134 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:25 am

REAL Live Action Bleach Movie [with a random fake trailer!]

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Shizuo Heiwajima
Lord Aizen
Shizuo Heiwajima

Posts Posts : 414
PowerLevel PowerLevel : 16087

PostSubject: REAL Live Action Bleach Movie [with a random fake trailer!]   REAL Live Action Bleach Movie [with a random fake trailer!] Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 3:27 pm

hmm.... aparently they are in the process of making a live action bleach movie.

MY OPINION---
Haha, I'm all for this. If only to see how they handle a live-action hollow transformation. Style has always been Bleach's forte, can they keep it?
my only issue is that most of the characters have specifically Japanese backgrounds (save for Chad, who's half? Mexican) and Orihime who has an ambiguous background since her parents aren't in the picture, but is assumed to be at least half Japanese, and is probably full)
Since a huge amount of the plot and aspects of the story have to do with Japanese culture, it would look really stupid with white actors. Maybe some of the shinigami could be of other races (besides Tousen who is obviously black) since Soul Society is most likely not exclusive to Japan, but the main characters who start out the show living in Japan, in typical Japanese lives, would need to be played by Japanese (or at least Asian, although there's always wank about that too) or it would just look stupid.
Honestly, I don't think most of Hollywood has the cultural awareness to effectively make a movie based upon a manga/anime that is rooted in Japanese culture/traditions/superstitions/religion, however, I would hope that they would at least cast it with some cultural accuracy, and that this movie doesn't end up in the same bucket as the live action DBZ movie...One can only pray that, if this actually does come off, that the director/producers know what their doing...

The movie itself is set to be released in theaters in 2012.
(because we ALL know the mayans were such big bleach fans... lets just pray its not december 12....)

The producer they've attached to the project is Peter Segal, who is an obvious fit for Bleach, having previously directed such "masterpieces" as Get Smart and The Nutty Professor II: The Klumps.

Details are sparse, as this project is still in the planning stages, but suffice to say, they will have to work hard if the fans of the manga are to be pleased.

As far as the storyline goes, they will probably go with something like "Introduce Ichigo, Introduce Rukia, switch power, they both get in trouble from the Soul Society, but in the end, Ichigo saves the day by killing a big Hollow, The End." I can't see how they could cram the establishment of all the captains, not to mention any Espada, (come on, we at least need some action from ulqui and yammy, possibly aizen?!?!) in one movie. However, we might still see them if this is a hit, and they make this into a franchise.

What I'm more worried about, is if they can pull off the style Bleach has, at least in the early volumes. Bleach has always had a unique art direction, and I'm not sure if it can translate to the screen very well.

Another big concern is of course the casting. Who do you cast as the Bleach characters? Do you go for the young, white stars, ensuring more money at the box office on account of big names, or do you cast Asians, which probably means more accuracy in character and culture, but, according to the studios, doesn't attract as many movie goers. (This so called "white-washing" has happened before, with the upcoming The Last Airbender adaptation, and the atrocious Dragonball Evolution)

And if you do cast white people in these roles, do you then keep the character names? Or do you change them? What's worse, a character named "Ichigo" played by a white guy, or "John the Shinigami (or, more likely, 'Reaper')"? Hey, maybe they'll name him Strawberry... lol.

Warner Brothers in Film Talks for Bleach Manga

posted on 2010-03-22 00:40 EDT
The Hollywood Reporter's blog says Get Smart's Peter Segal is negotiating

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Hollywood Reporter newspaper's Heat Vision blog reports that the American film studio Warner Brothers "is in the process of securing the movie rights to" Tite Kubo's Bleach supernatural action manga series. Director Peter Segal (Get Smart, The Longest Yard, Anger Management) is lining himself up to produce, but not direct. The manga's North American publisher Viz Media and Segal's Callahan Filmworks partner Michael Ewing would also produce the proposed project.

The manga follows a 15-year-old boy named Ichigo Kurosaki who becomes a Soul Reaper — a "Shinigami" or "God of Death" who protects humans from the "Hollow" spirits that prey on them. Shueisha publishes the manga in Weekly Shonen Jump magazine in Japan, and Studio Pierrot has been adapting the manga on television and in movie theaters since 2004. The Adult Swim programming block of America's Cartoon Network and Canada's YTV channel have been running the anime.

Warner Brothers has already acquired the rights to adapt Tsugumi Ohba and Takeshi Obata's Death Note (WHAT NOW DEVIN?!?!?!) supernatural suspense manga, which — like Bleach — is published by Shueisha's Weekly Shonen Jump in Japan and by Viz Media in North America. Along with Leonardo DiCaprio's Appian Way production company, Warner Brothers is also developing adaptations of Yoshiaki Kawajiri and MADHOUSE's Ninja Scroll action anime film and Katsuhiro Otomo and Kodansha's Akira science-fiction manga. Viz set up an office in Hollywood in 2008 to promote Viz's properties to Hollywood interests.

The manga, written and drawn by Tite Kubo, has been published in weekly installments in Japan since 2001. Viz has collected the stories in graphic novel format, so far releasing 29 volumes.

"Bleach" has been adapted into an anime TV series that airs in Japan. An English version airs on Cartoon Network and Canada's YTV. In Japan, the title has spawned features and a musical.

As the director of such comedies as "Get Smart" and "50 First Dates," Segal might seem an odd choice to shepherd the "Bleach" adaptation, but he's been seeking to expand his portfolio by taking on darker, more action-oriented material.

anyways, the site i looked at had a link to a fake trailer that has NO ASSOCIATION with this whole project, as to get somewhat of a feel for this whole concept... the trailer itself doesn't have too good special effects and the costumes and wigs look corny, but at least we get somewhat of a window to see how this will turn out.
i also noticed the lack of Kon in the trailer. WTF

Back to top Go down
http://dollars-group.com/
Neku Sakuraba
Aizen's Underling
Neku Sakuraba

Posts Posts : 367
PowerLevel PowerLevel : 15736

PostSubject: Re: REAL Live Action Bleach Movie [with a random fake trailer!]   REAL Live Action Bleach Movie [with a random fake trailer!] Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 4:37 pm

My opinion is that if they had not started filming and they still go by the 2012 timeframe, the movie would have to be rushed. As we all (or most) know, rushed movies are not good movies. Most TV shows are rushed into a movie, but 98% of them are not good movies. Same thing when it comes to video games. In order for Bleach to be "the greatest live-action anime film of all time" a good year to release it would be 2014 or 2015.

Hey, I'm just trying to be realistic...
Back to top Go down
asilvax7
Academy Student

Posts Posts : 1
PowerLevel PowerLevel : 14038

PostSubject: Re: REAL Live Action Bleach Movie [with a random fake trailer!]   REAL Live Action Bleach Movie [with a random fake trailer!] Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 8:36 pm

I will prefer to Watch Bleach TV Show. Its great adventurous and amazing series. Its full of action and really nice entertaining show.
Back to top Go down
Jack Atlas
Aizen's Underling
Jack Atlas

Posts Posts : 626
PowerLevel PowerLevel : 16319

PostSubject: Re: REAL Live Action Bleach Movie [with a random fake trailer!]   REAL Live Action Bleach Movie [with a random fake trailer!] Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 4:43 am

I know you are new here but please don't link to sites to download anime episodes please, I want to make sure you are not a spammer for a website okay?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/kendell9000?feature=mhw5
Shizuo Heiwajima
Lord Aizen
Shizuo Heiwajima

Posts Posts : 414
PowerLevel PowerLevel : 16087

PostSubject: Re: REAL Live Action Bleach Movie [with a random fake trailer!]   REAL Live Action Bleach Movie [with a random fake trailer!] Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 12:55 pm

i have a funny feeling it'll turn out like crap, like the deathnote ones.... :|
Back to top Go down
http://dollars-group.com/
Neku Sakuraba
Aizen's Underling
Neku Sakuraba

Posts Posts : 367
PowerLevel PowerLevel : 15736

PostSubject: Re: REAL Live Action Bleach Movie [with a random fake trailer!]   REAL Live Action Bleach Movie [with a random fake trailer!] Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 1:31 pm

Sundress Dracula wrote:
i have a funny feeling it'll turn out like crap, like the deathnote ones.... :|

You know, like Death Note, Dragon Ball, and Super Mario Bros.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: REAL Live Action Bleach Movie [with a random fake trailer!]   REAL Live Action Bleach Movie [with a random fake trailer!] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

REAL Live Action Bleach Movie [with a random fake trailer!]
Page 1 of 1